Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy 2015

It's Christmas Eve. The kids are tracking Santa through the always fabulous NORAD Santa Tracker. As I write this quick post of gratitude, Santa has just left Barasilia, Brazil. In the background I hear one of the girls running to look up French Guiana before Santa arrives in 6 minutes.

This bit of Christmas fun would have been completely lost on me during many past holidays.

I am so grateful for the years, more than a decade now, of clear-headed enjoyment of the little bits of Christmas. And of course, it's great to no longer ruin the turkey, or the holiday with my out of control drinking.

Sober holidays are a gift that I give myself and my family. Sure it's a stressful time of year. And yes, challenges that roll off much of the time, can take on a life of their own during the emotional holiday season.

But the text chimes are full of congratulations for all of the things that have gone well this year.

Lose The Booze has helped bunches of people rethink their drinking, and is a consistent category best seller on Amazon.

Family, home, work, and life are imperfect but full of the accomplishments that count: being nice, working hard, friends who laugh, and good health all around.

Gratitude. My friends. Gratitude. The reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment